Sunday 29 April 2012

AUTHOR INTERVIEW BY SUE PALMER

Writer, Reviewer and Book Junky, SUE PALMER, has put the following interview with me up on her Book Review Site:

WHAT INFLUENCED YOU TO WRITE IN THE BEGINNING?

I've always written, even when I was a child. I don't know why, it's just something I have to do.I love words and putting them together and I enjoy creating characters and situations. It's a way of harnessing an over-active imagination, I suppose.

WHERE DID YOU GET THE IDEA FOR YOUR BOOK?

DON'T LOOK DOWN is set in Nuremberg, Germany. I have friends there and have been there many times and love Nuremberg. I wanted to write a

thriller/crime novel and the idea of setting it there, in winter, came to me after a visit to my friends one snowy February. Nuremberg, and Bavaria generally, were so beautiful in the snow, I had to describe it and I had to build a story around my descriptions. Some of the characters are loosely inspired by friends and acquaintances there, but certainly not based on them. It was a combination of sights, sounds andinfluences built up over years of visits, plus a great love for the place and the people, that made me want to use Nuremberg as a setting. I wanted to use the idea of two women who had known each other since they were girls but story evolved as it went along.

WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER – THE MOST FUN FOR YOU TO WRITE?

I think the character Clara was the most fun to write...
Read on

__________________________________________________


Many thanks to Sue for giving me this opportunity!

Sue Palmer helps run the Book Junkies
Facebook Group and Review Page.

No comments: